Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My love affair with Paul Newman

When I was seven, I saw “Cat On a Hot Tin Roof.” I fell instantly, madly, and helplessly in love. Gosh, I didn’t know what hit me. Imagine your favorite dessert and that initial taste where your taste buds are bursting with pleasure and sensory overload, then perhaps you will be able to imagine how I felt as I watched Paul Newman. It was originally a play but they had to change a few subject matters in the process of making it a movie.
How do I love Paul Newman? Let me count the ways... Okay, obviously, there was his looks. I melted when I looked at him. But besides that, he was an amazing actor who truly enjoyed his craft. He was a good guy with a great heart. He created "Newman's Own", which is a company that donates all of it's proceeds, which has been more than 200 million dollars, to charity. He was politically involved, something that many people in the U.S don't seem to be. And he was a devoted family man. I read in a couple of places that when asked about infidelity he usually replied, "Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?" What is there not to love about this man?
I’m posting a clip below of one of the scenes from the movie. I’m not saying it’s the best scene, but it is a great scene. I hope you will all go out and rent the movie. If you do, tell me what you think.

This is the movie that also started my admiration for the acting capacity of Elizabeth Taylor.

1 comment:

commiecocaineluvr831 said...

yo you be weird but i agree that paul is my plumber to my crack speaking of which go commies!!!!