Friday, October 17, 2008

To touch or not to touch...


Jacky was one of the men I met while volunteering for Les Petits Frères de Pauvres. We made an instant connection. I’m not sure if that connection was bad or good. You will understand as you read on. Jacky and me immediately made plans to spend time together (that was what I was there to do, spend time with them no matter what we did). The first couple of times were fantastic. I loved it and I loved him. He wanted to make sure I saw all the wonderful places in Paris and experience all the great restaurants. He was from the North of France and had a different accent from the Parisians. It was adorable. But Jacky had this one little problem; He love women. Not that that’s a bad thing, but…well…let me finish the story and you will understand. After it just being usually me and him when we went to our little outings, another volunteer arrived from Utah. From that point on, it was always Jacob and me. We rarely spent anytime separated from each other. Jacky was NOT happy with the change. Jacky could be perverted and vulgar, but he tried to restrain himself when he was with me. But when Jacob came it was as if there had been a treaty between Jacky and me that was broken. I became pretty uncomfortable with the things he would say and saddened because that was not MY Jacky.
One day, we went to Paris Plage. It was Herve, Abdallah, Eduard, Amelie, Jacob, Jacky, and me. While walking there, Jacky decided to walk next to me. He had been distanced and had not given Jacob and I a chance to visit with him. I was very sad. I thought for a minute that my Jacky was back, but I was so, so wrong. While we were walking, I looked to my left at the Seine and suddenly felt a weird sensation on my right breast. It seemed that Jacky had decided to give my breast a squeeze ( a long up and down squeeze). I was surprised and shocked. I looked over at him to see that he was bright red and smiling. I said, “Jacky, did you just touch something that did not belong to you?” And he was too busy smiling and being happy to give me a response. All that kept going through my mind was “I can’t believe I just got felt up by a 55 year old pervert!” As you can all see, I had quite a bit of adventure in Paris…sigh…I miss those days 





I use to have better pictures of everyone. And some...interesting pictures of Jacky, unfortunately, my laptop broke down on me after I downloaded the pictures and have lost them all. The only reasons I have these is because I e-mailed them to some friends and they were able to send me copies. As you see, most of the time, Jacky was fond of suits, trousers, and anything gentlemanly. It was just the way he rolled :)

No comments: