Thursday, October 23, 2008

A daunting task

Here I was sitting in a chair next to my brother-in-law while he was hard at work studying at four in the morning, when suddenly, an amazing idea lighted upon my mind. What is beauty? It seems as if the world only finds beauty in physical things. I must admit, I have spend quite a bit of time admiring the beauty of others in a...physical way (there are beautiful men out there:) But while on a trip to Yellowstone National Park, I was taken aback with the fact that I am a very lucky girl. I begun to ponder about the people I admire. Not in a way that makes me feel the need to compare myself, but in a way that either challenges me to improve myself or just causes me to be pensive in some way or another. I have decided to feature them in this blog and explain, if I find the words, why I hold them, or at least one of the traits they have, in such high esteem . These people have lifted, encouraged, confounded, humored, challenged, and beautify me and others around them. This will be quite time consuming since I encounter and have amazing people in my life. And so I decided to divide the task. I will feature someone every time I can. I'm excited. They will be people who leave me in awe and take my breath away. We'll see what else I will add. I'm still uncertain about how exactly to proceed with this. But it is something I very much yearned to do.

No comments: