Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Habeus Corpus

I consider our constitution to be one of the greatest written masterpieces. I don't think when the Founding Fathers were writing the constitution that they thought one day someone like George Bush would be president. Many unconstitutional occurrence have occurred in the last eight years and it is now people are waking up and asking questions? What saddens me is that they (or we, because I've done my share of overlooking)have become more interested in the government because of the state of the economy right now when they've realized that things are not going their way. But it seems they are still ignoring all the other things that's been going on. Things like the fact that other branches of the government have taken it into their hands to momentarily displace Habeus Corpus when it is only Congress that is allowed to do this and only under certain conditions. I feel tired and disappointed. How are we going to fix anything if we keep our blinders on about the state of our government? I hope we will truly be pensive about whom we vote for this election. That we will listen and search before we decide. That we will remember that we are not suppose to represent the government; the government is suppose to represent us.

No comments: