Thursday, October 2, 2008

My grand performance


A couple of nights ago(or mornings, days and such gets complicated when you work the graveyard shift)I decided to stay awake by listening to love songs. I, sometimes unfortunately, am a hopeless romantic. I blame this on the fact that as a child I was always surrounded by my aunts (there are eight of them). It started out simple enough. I wanted to listen to “I’m not that that girl” from Wicked. From that point it moved to Aida, Rent, then Olivia Newton-John. Sadly, everything went downhill from there. And soon, I was standing on my bed singing my heart out (as quietly as possible since my roommates were asleep)with my imagination creating a theater filled with people who were there to see me perform (in my PJ's no less). You know how they say we all have guardian angels around watching over us? Well, my guardian angel must have been rolling around on the floor laughing and calling others to join him in watching me make a fool of myself. But I had a great time! I really should do it more often.

This is a picture of me making a fool of myself as, once again, my imagination took flight. From this picture, you can imagine exactly what I looked like that sad, long ago night (okay, two nights ago).

No comments: