Sunday, December 6, 2009

Half-Marathon 2




I ran my half-marathon as planned in Monterey California and it was fantastic! I was extremely nervous that I would not be able to do it because the longest I had ran by that point was 4.5 miles. But something happened during the race. I got lost.

I mean that I got lost in the people, the weather, the ambiance, and more. I felt like the more I ran, the more energy was filling my body. To the point where I felt like I could have ran forever. We ran right next to the ocean. I must admit that there where some points in time where I felt like the water was beckoning me and I cold just throw myself in it and it would catch me. It was that inviting looking. The weather was absolutely perfect. Seriously. And there were so many volunteers out to give us drinks (H2O, Gatorade, Beer)as we ran by. People came out of their stores and houses to cheer us on. It meant so much. They added fuel to my fire.
It was one of the most amazing things that I have ever done. And I am so glad that I had my sister there experiencing it with me. She was a big part of what made it so wonderful. I definitely would like to do it again.

1 comment:

Amy and Clint said...

Congratulations! I am so impressed! I had no idea that you were a runner. I can't believe you finished it with so little training, you never cease to amaze me