Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ari's Babysitting experience

Last week, Mika and I were out taking a final or returning our textbooks. When we came home, Brad was in the dining room trying to study. Ari and her neighbor/friend Presley were in the living room...undecorating the christmas tree. And Ellie was lying down on the couch, nicely arranged on a pillow...very close to the edge of the couch. Not close enough that we ran in panicking to catch her. But close enough that if she had started to roll (which she only does a little) too much she would have fallen over the edge. Here is how things went:



Mika: Brad, how can you sit there while the kids undecorated the tree?!

Brad: The kids are doing what? I thought they were playing, so I did not think anything of it. (I should mention that the dining room and living room are right next to each other w/o a wall really to divide them. There's an archway.)

Mika: And why did you put the baby so close to the edge of the couch?

Brad: The baby is not in her crib?


I thought it was all very funny until the baby part. What happened is that the dog escaped and so Brad ran after him. Right when he left, the baby started to cry and Ari, being the little mother that she is, decided to go get her. Here is how Ari and Presley describe what happened:


Ari: I climbed into her crib and Presley waited on the ground right next to her crib. I lifted her up and gave her to presley. Presely held her real tight so that she wouldn't fall. Then I climbed down and took her from Presley and carried her into the living room. She liked it.

Me: But Ari, she could have fallen and been hurt.

Ari: But May, I held her super tight and I hold her all the time. We were very careful.

Me: Yes, but still, accidents happen.

Ari: But May, I would never hurt her. And she was very happy. She didn't cry. And we're big girls.



And thankgoodness both of these girls are beastly strong because I have nightmares when I think about what could have happened. I am also a bit impressed that they were able to think of a good system and pull it off. While being careful. Not once did Ellie cry. What a brave little thing. I think she enjoyed herself, actually. With these girls, it's always one adventure after another. Life is never dull!

2 comments:

Casandra Winter said...

:) I was laughing really hard when i read this...perhaps cause i know your fam and their awesome - ness and that little ari is just stinking adorable...oh the craziness of lil families, little kids are so fun. I cant believe they undecorated the tree.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! I LOLed on this one too. LOved it!