Thursday, April 11, 2013

The New Year's Resolution I Never Made But Should

This New Year was different from the previous ones.  Usually, I set goals of things I want to achieve or habits I want to get rid of.  This year, I was having way too much fun and was way too tired to come up with anything.  But as I have been thinking about it for the last three months or so, I've realized that although I don't always keep my goals it is still important that I make them.  I decided to try something a little different.  This time, not only am I making goals, but I am going to try to write down in this blog what I am doing daily to reach them.  I am going to attempt to focus on them one at a time and keep them realistic.  I believe my usual problem is that I try to achieve everything all at once and become frustrated and tired. I want this year to be different.   I read somewhere that if I used the acronym "SMART" (Specific, Meaningful, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely) I would more likely meet my goals. I have set my goals using this acronym. My goals for this year are:

  1. Buy a home in the next 3 to 6 months.
  2. Become healthier through exercise and diet (lose one to two pounds per week then maintain). Become a healthier me by end of June or beginning of July.
  3. Become a better piano player in the next 3 months.
  4. Start own business by beginning of summer.
  5. Write in blog once or twice a week (everyday would be better so I am more likely to attempt to execute my goals daily.)
  6. Work on secret dream (sorry guys, I'm not sure yet I want to share what this is).
  7. Take a trip out of state with Darian by end of summer.
  8. Have multiple income by December 31st.
  9. Each week, take the time to reflect on how much closer I am to my goal than I was the week before and change goals/daily actions in accordance.
  10. Read one book a month that is recommended to me outside my usual genre.





HOW and WHAT CAN I DO to make them come true:

  • I'm still thinking about this one, I have a few ideas but still need to narrow them down.  I am open to suggestions.

No comments: