Monday, October 4, 2010

The miracle of life

My aunt suffered a stroke last weekend and it was tough.  For a while, we did not think she would make it.  I was constantly going back and fourth between school, work, and the hospital.  And I was sleeping over the hospital, which is not a very restful place to be.  I think I got about six hours of sleep all together last week.  My sister was doing the same thing.  She was going back in fourth between her family, school, business, research, and the hospital (this woman truly astounds me with all the things she can do). It was a busy week for us, but it was definitely worth it.  To see my aunt's face light up when we came in the room (even when she could not move much).  Family really does play a big part in helping their love ones heal. And when The doctor found out that this was her sixth stroke, we cried.  Sixth stroke!  I am not sure I would have survived a first one. What an amazingly strong woman to have survived those.  And the miracle is, she is doing much, much better.  She is also regaining strength on the right side of her body, as well as her speech.  She went home today from the hospital. I LOVE MIRACLES!

2 comments:

Casandra Winter said...

miracles rock, i am glad to hear she is doing better! And I also hope your previous post goals are being fulfilled ;). I look forward to hearing about more of your success :)!

Michelle said...

Laureen, I am so sorry. How blessed your aunt is to have you and your sister care for her like that! I think support definitely helps the healing process. It sounds like life has been stressful for everyone.

BTW, you asked me about the movie Waitress. Yes, I've seen it. I liked it but it was a little too dull at times. I could understand why she hated her husband, he was so insecure and horrible! And although I thought the doctor was sweet, I didn't like the fact that he was already married. The ending was happy though, so it was nice to see that she left her husband and did the right thing with the doctor. All the pies looked yummy. What did you think of the movie?