Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dating through text

I have nothing really exciting going on.  School and work pretty much occupy my time.  Well...maybe not ALL my time.  I have made a commitment to myself to be as social as possible.  And I have to admit that I have done pretty well at this...for now :) 

I made a goal to go on at least one date a week.  And so far so good.  Last weekend, I was in way above my head.  These three guys were texting me about dates and I had already fallen asleep by the time they text me.  Well, I woke up and said yes to all three.  Yes...for the same night!  Well, you can't blame me too much, people.  I was half asleep!  I ended up cancelling all of them.  But honestly, why are these guys waiting until the last minute to ask for a date?! They wanted to go out the next night.  AND what is up with them TEXTING me about it?  An old fashioned phone call is all I am asking.  To be honest, my interest in them waned a bit after this.  I am still going on a date with them, but I am not that excited.  It's sad because they are all nice boys.  I told them that they needed to plan ahead of schedule next time and then I would have the time.

Am I being too picky or unreasonable?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

No, you definitely need to make them WORK for it! There's nothing unreasonable about making men plan ahead for a date. They need to understand you're not going to be available just at the drop of hat! But on the other hand, I have heard that a lot of guys don't start thinking about what they're going to do for the weekend until Friday afternoon. So, it's not necessarily that they are not thinking about you, but that they can't help it! This is how men are. So, yes, let them know they need to plan ahead of time but don't be too upset if they don't.

BTW, I love reading about your dating life! Three dates on one night! WOW! Who are these guys and where are you meeting them? Have a blast and enjoy single life!