Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Relief Force to Haiti

I am excited to announce that I was accepted to be part of a relief force to Haiti!  I was suppose to have left Wednesday morning, but now (to give the people there more time to collect orphans that some will be coming back with--I think about 150) I will be leaving Thursday morning for three weeks.  I am so excited!  Imagine having the chance to help in a situation like that?!  I will be helping with the medical, construction, and translation part of things. To find out more info, check out this website http://www.utahhospitaltaskforce.blogspot.com/.

I am also scared because I have lead a very sheltered life.  I have never seen the things I will see.  Dead bodies litter the streets, something that anyone would find shocking.  They say that Haiti will become a country of amputees.  The earthquake caused many things to fall on people, destroying limbs.  And then people have had to cut off limbs because they did not have the tools they needed to save them.  It was either an arm or a life.

I know this trip will change me forever.  And I am hoping that change will be for the better.  Either way, it's worth it in order to save others.  Even if it's just one life.

4 comments:

Casandra Winter said...

congratulations that will be a wonderful opportunity!!! and for such a good cause, you'll do great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My friend, my friend. Be careful, observe, love, heal. Please take with you my condolences and love for those who are suffering. You are such an awesome soul. You're right, three weeks will be incredible, if not life changing. Can't wait to hear/read the report when you get home!

Casandra Winter said...

hello my dear, when do you get back ;) keep me posted