Sunday, April 19, 2009

Susan Boyle

I know everyone has been blogging about this amazing woman, but I had to add my two cents. Wow! When a friend showed me the youtube video of her yesterday, I had heard of her but did not really care or understand anything about her. Watching her yesterday I realized so many things.

1.) It's never too late to fulfill your dreams.
2.) Never judge a book by it's cover.
3.) Especially when that cover is being judged by a standard that is stupid and pointless. What is true beauty?
4.) What true presence is. That lady has amazing stage presence.
5.) All laughed at her, but she did not look phased by it. Does it really matter who laughs at you? Because in the end, you could be the one who has the last laugh. Or who brings all those who are laughing to tears of pleasure and astonishment.

There's so much more that I came to realize. I was astounded and amazed by her. To be honest, as I watched and heard her sing, I laughed and joked with my friend, but all I wanted to do was cry. I was profoundly touched. As she sang, the beauty of her voice ripped the worldly film which had coated my eyes to the point that, for a moment, I could not see the beauty which she possessed.

Please watch her here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

1 comment:

Casandra Winter said...

Oh my gosh amazing! I heard about this lady but could not remember her name Im so glad you posted it!