Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last week

I know what you're thinking. Two post in one day, the fat lady has sung and pigs are flying! Well, okay, maybe not that drastic. I decided to write about what I did last week. It always feels like my week off goes by real fast and then when I start working, there's a brief period of amnesia where I can't remember anything I did doing my time off. I need to get better about recording them here so that I can always look it up when I'm ask, "so what did you do last week."

Wednesday: Helped my sister out with her business since the girls she hired where flaking out on her. It was tiring, but fun. I met quite a bit of guys while there. But, unfortunately, only the type that were fun to flirt with and not interesting enough (for me at least) to go out with.

Thursday: Although, I am as anti-gun as you can get, some of my guy friends decided to take me out shooting. Well, first it started with an article with various examples on why it's important to know how to protect yourself. I will attempt to post the article as soon as I can. One of them mentioned the fact that it's always wise to know how to use the weapons around you. And that the whole point of really owning again is to discourage others from attacking you and yours. Most of the time, he said, you will not even need to fire at anyone. Back to the shooting. Three of my guys friends took me to this place where we it could be just us practicing. I was freaked out when I first started. But I have to say I was impressed with myself. With both a .45 and a .22, I was able to hit all my targets. I only missed one. I did not expect to be able to hit anything at all. And these guys were amazing and patient.
Afterwards, we went out for Italian. The real stuff. I had a blast.

Friday: The real highlight of Friday (and the only thing I can really remember)is dancing. Three girlfriends and I decided to hit the clubs. Okay, just one club, but it was a great decision. Because we were girls, we were able to get in a lot sooner than we would have otherwise. Gosh, I love being a woman! We danced the night away. Yes, I did feel a couple of hands grab my butt, but I was quick to slap them away. A few man learned that invading my private property came with a lot of pain and consequences. The throbbing in my feet later on was definitely worth the discomfort.

Saturday: My roommate's nieces came to spend the night. They were a riot! They were six, five, and two going on thirty. I laughed the night away. It always feels good to have children around. They were full of love.

Sunday: Church was good. By the time it ended, I felt peaceful and warm. My roommates and I worked on a skit we were preparing for the talent show. These girls make life...full. I needed them in my life right now.

Monday: The Talent Show. I never realized before just how talented the people around me were. I was impressed. Then our turn came. And of course, that is when I became nervous. No one ever believes me when I say this, but I am so shy, especially in front of a big group of people. I started to shake. But I was so busy looking at the other girls as we squeezed our whole bodies into XL sweaters, that I soon forgot all about my nervousness. I didn't worry about doing everything perfectly, I just...had fun.

I had a lot more I wanted to say, but it's getting real busy at work right now. Hopefully, I will continue to be good about sharing all the adventures I will continue to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow woman! I had no idea your shot was so lethal. Watch out world! And yes, Monday was a highlight!! Loved it!